2017 contest task
‘Can it for the planet’
Crush an empty soft drink can and drop into a recycling bin.
Bonus points will be awarded to teams who crush more than one can within the two minute contest timeframe.
Best of luck to all the schools and happy recycling!
2017 competing schools
The schools who will compete are:
- Avila College
- Cathedral College Wangaratta
- Catholic Ladies’ College, Eltham
- Cranbourne East Secondary College
- Emmanuel College, Warrnambool
- Footscray City College
- Girton Grammar School
- John Monash Science School
- Lilydale High School
- Marcellin College
- Mater Christi College
- Methodist Ladies College
- Mount Alexander College
- Mount Waverley Secondary College
- Nossal High School
- Penleigh and Essendon Grammar School
- Sacred Heart College Kyneton
- Scotch College
- Shelford Anglican Girls Grammar
- Star of the Sea College
- St Margaret’s School
- Sunbury College
- Terang College
- The King David School
- The Knox School
- Traralgon Secondary College Senior Campus
- Trinity Lutheran College
- Whitefriars College
- Woodleigh School
Schools are encouraged to track their progress in the lead up to the contest via Instagram (#spagmachine).
Water a plant
Make me a bowl of cereal
To create a ‘Wake Me Up’ machine
To spell the word ‘Engineer’
To take a portrait-style photograph in either digital or hard-copy form.
To dispense the dried ingredients for a cup of instant coffee (coffee, powdered milk, and sugar) into a cup.